The word gan (rhymes with “Ron”) means “garden” in Hebrew and is also the Hebrew word used to refer to a learning program for young children. The Gan at Temple Sinai, for children ages 18 months through pre-Kindergarten, inspires children and their families to embrace Jewish values by providing meaningful and authentic Jewish educational experiences in a nurturing, stimulating, and safe environment. We are a NAC (National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs) accredited school.
We are committed to:
- Offering the highest quality education that fosters love of learning, creativity, and wonder.
- Providing a variety of opportunities that will allow each child to grow at his or her own pace and develop a positive self-image.
- Teaching each child to live life in a compassionate Jewish way.
- Ensuring that the faculty and staff are knowledgeable and skilled in child development and Jewish education and that they participate in ongoing self-reflection and evaluation.
- Encouraging families to maintain their connection to Temple Sinai through involvement in congregational life.
- Partnering with and serving as a gateway into our larger Jewish and secular community.
For the Early Childhood newsletter, Keeshkoosheem, click here.
For additional information or to schedule a visit, contact Laura Freedman, MS Ed, Director of Early Childhood Education at 941-926-9462 or Laura@templesinai-sarasota.org.