Mission:The Gan at Temple Sinai inspires children and their families to embrace Jewish values by providing meaningful and authentic Jewish educational experiences in a nurturing, stimulating, and safe environment.
We are committed to:
- Offering the highest quality education that fosters love of learning, creativity, and wonder.
- Providing a variety of opportunities that will allow each child to grow at his or her own pace and develop a positive self-image.
- Teaching each child to live life in a compassionate Jewish way.
- Ensuring that the faculty and staff are knowledgeable and skilled in child development and Jewish education and that they participate in ongoing self-reflection and evaluation.
- Encouraging families to maintain their connection to Temple Sinai through involvement in congregational life.
- Partnering with and serving as a gateway into our larger Jewish and secular community.
The Gan (15 months to Pre-Kindergarten)
In regard to learning, a gan is a program for young children. At The Gan, we respect each child’s unique spirit and recognize that each person develops differently. Because children have varied interests and strengths, we provide opportunities for them to gain mastery in many areas at their own pace.
Classes at The Gan
Early care from 8:00AM-9:00AM
- 15-24 months old by September 1st
- Must be 2 years old by September 1st
- Must be 3 years old by September 1st
Devorim (“Bumble Bees”)
- Must be 4 years old by September 1st
KEF (“fun”) TIME
- Monday-Friday 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Includes nap time (for younger children) themed activities each day of the week, snack, outdoor play, and story/circle time.
Enrichments and Family Programming:
- Gymnastics – Ms. Kristi Mezick runs a safe, fun class that teaches basic gymnastics skills. Improve your child’s agility, flexibility, and strength.
- Art on a Cart – Pure Imagination Studios introduces the students to many different artists and their styles and medium.
- Spanish Workshop – Sra. Mara from Spanish Legacy teaches children the language through Montessori-like methods.
- Yoga for Kids – A program that introduces the children to the quiet discipline and emphasizes gross motor skills, body awareness, and flexibility.
- Lil Dragons – An exciting Kung fu program with Sifu Mike that develops listening skills, balance, gross motor skills, etc.
- Music – with Chazzan Abramson once a week for 20 minutes. Chazzan teaches the children Hebrew and Jewish holiday melodies as well as some creative secular songs.
- Creative Movement – Ms. Wendy of Onyx Studios has designed an enriching 45 minute class of gross motor music and movement.
- Soccer Shots – Coaches work with the children indoors on soccer skills and teamwork in 30 minute sessions.
Each child gets the honor of being the Shabbat King/Queen and joining Geveret Laura on the bima to say the Shabbat blessings! Family and friends are invited to share in this simcha (joyous occasion) and those 2 children get to take home a very special “shabbat bag” filled with all sorts of Shabbat goodies; challah, juice, candles, a story and a shabbat journal.
Story Time in the Library
Laura Freedman, Director of Early Childhood Education, reads age appropriate books to the children in our Temple library.
Outdoor Learning Classroom
The outdoor classroom provides hands on nature experience for our students. Each classroom is responsible for a garden bed and enjoy tending to them all throughout the year.
Gan Mad Science Lab
The new edition of our science lab has enhanced the learning opportunities of our Gan students. Each week our classes have designated Lab times where they investigate, discover and explore the world from a science perspective.
For more information or to schedule a visit contact Laura Freedman, Director of Early Childhood Education 926-9462 or email Click here to print our application